Poem: Beside From Time

Beside from Time

 

Nothing kills me more than time.

Time goes so fast I wish I could stop time from passing by.

I wish I could go back in time to relive those days with you.

We knew each other not that long.

I fell in love with you so quickly I didn’t bother to think twice before I agreed to marry you.

I wish we could’ve waited longer because when the lights went out, you were gone.

There were no more footsteps and no more sounds of your beating heart.

You left me in a cold winter day.

I couldn’t cry because my tears were gone.

I couldn’t cry because my heart was frozen in time.

I wish I could’ve known that your love for me was a big lie.

Nevertheless, even though your love was a lie, there were happy times together that I still hold on to today.

Time has made me grow older while I’m still in love with you.

Time has killed me slowly in the pain of love.


Copyrighted @ 2022. Taken from Into the Night: A Collection of Poems, by N.N. Nicky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: A Love Letter

A Look Back - Favorite Author: Lois Duncan

Poem: Baby, Try