Poem: A Love Letter

  

A Love Letter

I’m sitting here writing to you with my heart and mind thinking of you.
In that place where you’re now, what are you doing?
Is the sun shining down on your beautiful smile?
Is the wind blowing through your tender hair?
Here, the rain’s falling, making it so sad when I have to remember of you.
Tonight, when I close my eyes to sleep, I hope I’ll dream of you.
In my dreams, I hope I’ll hear your voice and hear the laughter I’m missing.
Tomorrow, when we meet again, I hope the sun will shine on us.
I hope to walk with you down the roads hand in hand like we always do.
Right now, I hope the love from my heart will fill you with joy when you read this letter.
I’ll wait for you to write back to me in the loneliness of the night.
Your love will brighten the dark starless nights.
Your love will burn through the tears in the days to come.
The love I have of you in my heart will melt away the fear and the loneliness of being without you. 


Copyrighted @ 2022. Taken from Into the Night: A Collection of Poems, by N.N. Nicky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Look Back - Favorite Author: Lois Duncan

Poem: Baby, Try