Poem: A Warm Hand

  

 A Warm Hand

The hands that felt so warm and the arms that held me so tenderly during those cold winter days, how I miss them.
I let go of your love, and I can’t blame anyone but myself now that love has left me cold and lonely.
I’m like a snowflake melting through the warmth of the sun.
How can I ask you to come back when you might’ve already found someone else?
I wish I had and could’ve given you more, but now all I can give myself are regrets.
I regret that I’d let you go, and I regret how I could’ve loved you more and treated you better.
I’d blamed you for not loving me right, but perhaps it has always been me who’d ignored your love.
Now the word sorry seems to be like water.
Once the water dries out, you can’t get it back.
I wish I could take back the words I’d said to you.
I wish I could bring back yesterday to make our love more beautiful.
But yesterday is forever yesterday, and those days have forever left us.
All I can do now is wish for something that can never come back. 


Copyrighted @ 2022. Taken from Into the Night: A Collection of Poems, by N.N. Nicky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: A Love Letter

A Look Back - Favorite Author: Lois Duncan

Poem: Baby, Try