Poem: All the Rain in Love

 

All the Rain in Love

Why is my love life always on such shaky ground?
I always try so hard to find the right person who’d love me, who I’d truly love, and someone who’d be there for me and understand my feelings.
However, I always seem to find true love for one happy moment but then quickly lose that love.
I thought I found the person I’ve been looking for when I met you.
Happiness was all around us after we fell in love.
We could’ve had everything, but then you left.
Maybe I was living in too much happiness.
Maybe I was in my own reality because love could never be happiness forever.
Sometimes it takes several heartbreaks and happy and sad moments before you find true love.
But how many more heartbreaks do I have to go through before I find the right one?
I always find happiness in love like the sun shining down on me.
However, at the end of the day, I also end up finding the rain falling down and washing away my love. 


 Copyrighted @ 2022. Taken from Into the Night: A Collection of Poems, by N.N. Nicky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: A Love Letter

Poem: Alone Again with Love

A Look Back - Favorite Author: Lois Duncan