Poem: Alone Again with Love

 

Alone Again with Love

I remember the times we were together.
They were the happiest moments in my life.
All those memories were so happy, but now, there’s nothing here with me.
I’m alone without you, with no one to talk to.
Can you see you’ve hurt me badly?
My love for you was true.
What’s left to say when you’ve left me?
Nights are cold without you, and sometimes I wish I’d never met you because then my heart won’t be broken right now.
Had I never met you, then my dream won’t be dying today, and I’d be happy without you here.
Had you not loved me the way you did, I wouldn’t have to remember of those loving nights together.
Had you not spent those nights holding me tightly and sweetly, I wouldn’t be in pain today.
Now, there’s only an image of you and nothing else.
The love songs and the passing hours remind me of you.
Sometimes I wish I’d never met you because then my heart wouldn’t be broken and my dreams wouldn’t be lost.
And alone, I’d be happier knowing tomorrow will be a brighter day.


 Copyrighted @ 2022. Taken from Into the Night: A Collection of Poems, by N.N. Nicky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: A Love Letter

A Look Back - Favorite Author: Lois Duncan