Poem: A Dream

 

 In celebration of Poetry Month:

A Dream

Love is all but a dream when the first kiss comes to you and you wish and hope that it’d stay forever.
Love is all but a dream when hand in hand we walk down the road on that one beautiful spring day.
We watch the birds fly and watch the flowers blossom along the alley of love.
Love is all but a dream when we watch the sun fades away with the afternoon hours.
You hold me tight, and I hold you tight.
Love is so sweet, yet when we close our eyes, love is all but darkness.
A dream I have every night with you or without you.
I dream of the kisses and happiness I’d have once I find you.
And when I do find you, I’d find the heartbreak because one happy spring day, I’ll wake up without you.
The flowers will die along the fading alley of love.
Dreams will no longer float like our hearts when we’re in love.
Love is all a big dream when one autumn day passing down the same alley, meeting face to face, we realize what we had together is nothing but a dream.
Our love was just an illusion of today and tomorrow. 


Copyrighted @ 2022. Taken from Into the Night: A Collection of Poems, by N.N. Nicky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: A Love Letter

A Look Back - Favorite Author: Lois Duncan

Poem: Baby, Try