Poem: Acceptance of Love

 In celebration of Poetry Month:

Acceptance of Love

When I fell in love with you, I knew it wasn't going to be like what people said.
Some said love was hard, and some said love was easy.
I didn't know the pain of loving someone until I met you.
Love came so sudden, but with you, it was all I wanted.
Your love was all that I dreamed of from a lover.
You gave me tenderness and gave me all the passionate kisses when I wanted them and needed love.
You loved me with all your heart, but when you walked away, those kisses vanished with the air I breathed.
In the game of love, I’ve learned to accept.
The acceptance of love, pain, tears, sorrows, and the heartbreaking moments when I’m without you.
In the game of love, I’ve learned to accept the heartache and agony of losing someone I love dearly.
Can you feel the pain inside me right now?
Do you still love me like you once did?
All the memories of love, pain, and sorrow still remain inside me.
What are you feeling now that you’re without me in your arms?


Copyrighted @ 2022. Taken from Into the Night: A Collection of Poems, by N.N. Nicky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: A Love Letter

A Look Back - Favorite Author: Lois Duncan

Poem: Baby, Try